CHAT POP DANCE DO DJ AMILTON PARCEIRO DO BLOG

sábado, 16 de maio de 2009

PRETY PRETTY - NASTY HABITS 12 SINGLE



Pretty Pretty was two hot Cuban chicks from Miami named Lorraine & Roxi. One was a hairdresser and the other was...well a singer? They released this bass inspired song (Think L'trimm) "Nasty Habits" in the fall of 1988 on Bush Baby Records. The song was a hit on Power 96. (I think that was probably the only station that played them). They also released a second single, "Wait a minute" which had more of a Freestyle sound than this. The last time I saw this act perform was at Hot Wheels, but by then they had replaced these two hotties with three not-so-good looking females. That would be the last time I would hear of this group....You have to appreciate the cheeze factor in this song though, it's one of the reasons why I love it so much.

This track is dedicated to my childhood friend named Jennifer Belgard, who recently found me on Facebook after so many years. My Memories of Jennifer go back to the late 80's and early 90's. She and her family lived on a big boat in the backyard of my home (we have the Miami river running through the back). She was really young, but I used to drag her out with my cousin Marely to a lot of these freestyle events, like Hot Wheels Skating Center to catch Latin Rascals, Secret Society & Erotic Exotic perform. We would always stay past her curfew, then bring her home at 3am to have her dad yell and punish her. Haha, Good times! Also at BPM Records where we stood in line to meet acts like Teaz 2 Pleaz, and these girls right here Pretty Pretty. Thanks Jenny for digging out this picture. Mine was burned along with some of my records by a crazy Ex. Ouch! Jennifer now owns her own shop called Libertine in Atlanta, Georgia, and hangs with cool transvestite rockers like Jayne County. If in the area Stop by and say hello, and also buy one of her cool t-shirts! Love ya Jen!

UPDATE: Pretty Pretty member Roxi would later join the Merenbooty girls in the late 90's and score a #1 hit with the dance remake of "Ring my Bell". Thanks Rigo!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário