CHAT POP DANCE DO DJ AMILTON PARCEIRO DO BLOG

sábado, 25 de abril de 2009

SANDEE - R.I.P VARIOS


Earlier this evening I recieved some sad news regarding Freestyle/Dance diva Sandee. I'm sad to inform the ones that don't know yet, Sandee has passed away. She was found dead in her Hollywood, Florida apartment today at 4pm. No details have yet surfaced, but I'm still in shocked. This is a great loss for the Freestyle & Dance community. My deepest sympathy goes out her family.

Growing up in Miami, Sandee was one of the few artist to blow up big and sign to a major label, making us all proud. Born in the lower east side of New York City, then raised in sunny South Florida, She first started her career as one of the original members of Expose recording such classics as "Point of no return" and "Exposed to Love". After she went solo she signed to East West Records and then Atlantic Records and released her first single, the now classic "You're the one". The record was a big success, it went and topped Billboards Dance Charts for weeks. In 1989 she released the smash hit "Notice me" on Fever Records. Produced and written by C&C's Robert Clivilles and the late David Cole, the song was a top 10 hit on Billboard. The remix version was also huge, and had a life of it's own. It was a favorite in the House clubs of New York, and to this day it's regarded as one of House Music's best classics. After "Notice Me" was released, the Puerto Rican diva signed a record deal with Columbia Records, recorded her debut album "Only time will tell", and released her third single, "Love Desire" which was her biggest single to date. The song reached the top 5 on Billboards Dance Charts, and also peaked on Billboards top 100, including the R&B/Hip Hop Charts.

One of my favorite memories of Sandee was the first time I saw her perform. I was 13 years old and it was at the Six Flags Atlantis Waterpark at the height of her career. she was doing "You're the one", and I'll never forget how great she was, so full of energy & fire. Right in the middle of the song she screams out "Que Viva La Musica Latina!!!", and The crowd went nuts. At that very moment I felt so proud to be a latino and to have one of our own representin' this music. Another memory was The very last time I saw her perform at the Copa for one of Sal Abbatiello's Freestyle Fever parties. She took a moment in between songs and spoke about her and her family's struggles in the past with drugs and alcholol. Man She touched me so deep that night That she had me in tears. I releated to well to her. I loved her so much for being real. Sandee you will be greatly missed by all, Your memory will live on forever through your fans who will continue to blast your music for years, never forgetting the amazing memories it has given us. The Music Industry has truly lost one of the best. You are now with the angels baby girl!

*Check out all her classics, including some of the remixes posted below. Please leave your comments and stories on Sandee on the comment box below. Would love to hear them.

LOVE DESIRE (HOUSE OF DEF MIX)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário