CHAT POP DANCE DO DJ AMILTON PARCEIRO DO BLOG

sábado, 16 de maio de 2009

MERCI MERCY - IF THERE'S A CHANCE 12 SINGLE




Mercy-Merci was a hot little group out of Miami who had a few local hits. The group consisted of lead singer Marilyn "Mimi" Diaz, who also used to be part of the group Bi-Chance, the lovely Patricia mario, and Dawn Rix, plus Roly Garcia. This group always put on a great show. They would first come out on stage wearing these black spooky hooded capes for the shows intro, then take them off to reveal their sexy outfits with these tiny mini skirts and bustiers.

This song reminds me so much of this little stalker I had in Junior High who would call my house at all hours of the night. She would leave me these crazy "I love U" messages on my voicemail, and would follow me everywhere I hung out. Yamile this song is dedicated to you, wherever you are.
.
"If I had a chance" was Mercy-Merci's first hit. it ended up snatching the top spot on Power 96 in 1989. The record was produced by Avy Gonzalez, with edits by the Whiz Kids and released on Runaway Records. The group would go on to release two more singles before splitting up. Some of the guys from Mercy-Merci would later form the group About Face, and would release their 1991 Power hit "I don't wanna sleep alone tonight".

P.S. A BIG SHOUT TO JEAN OVER AT FREESTYLE REBIRTH FOR THIS MERCY TRACK*

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário